The 7U program is used to ease kids into competitive travel baseball by building experience so they are more prepared for more competitive play at the 8U and 9U level. 7U teams will be placed in a division based on location. There are some modified rules such as the 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th innings being coach pitch while the 3rd and 4th is modified player pitch to give your teams a chance to tippy-toe into live pitching.
This is a great way to get ahead a start and keep the talented players more interested in the game!
Typically if you have a core group of kids and reach out to your local rec network there is almost always enough players interested that want to tippy-toe into travel ball.
If you cannot get enough players or are just looking for a team you can register as a free agent here.
USABL 7U Division will be all USABL rules with the exception of the below.
Outside of these modified rules it is real travel baseball with USABL rules.
1. THE FIRST TWO AND LAST TWO INNINGS WILL BE COACH PITCH. EACH BATTER WILL GET 5 PITCHES TO HIT THE BALL. THE BATTER WILL BE OUT AFTER 3 SWINGING STRIKES OR AT THE END OF FIVE PITCHES. IF THE BATTER HAS NOT PUT THE BALL IN PLAY AFTER 5 PITCHES IT IS AN OUT. IF THE BATTER FOULS OFF THE 5TH PITCH THEY WILL BE GIVEN ONE MORE OPPORTUNITY TO PUT THE BALL IN PLAY. THE 3RD and 4TH INNINGS WILL BE PLAYER PITCH (4 BALLS AND 3 STRIKES.)
1a. DURING COACH PITCH, THE PLAYER-PITCHER MUST POSITION THEMSELVES TO THE IMMEDIATE LEFT OR RIGHT OF THE COACH WITHIN THE CIRCLE OF THE MOUND.
2. NO NEW INNING WILL START AFTER AN HOUR AND 45 MINUTES.
3. MAXIMUM OF 5 RUNS PER INNING, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE LAST INNING. HOWEVER, THE TIME LIMIT AND 10 RUN RULE (USABL RULE #10) WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT.
4. NO BUNTING
5. A BATTER HIT BY A PITCH IS NOT AWARDED FIRST BASE IN COACH PITCH. IT WILL COUNT AS A PITCH. IF A BATTER IS HIT DURING PLAYER PITCH THEY WILL BE AWARDED FIRST BASE.
6. NO INFIELD FLY RULE
7. NO BASE STEALING IS PERMITTED. RUNNERS CAN ONLY ADVANCE ON A BALL IN PLAY.
8. EACH TEAM WILL GET ONE WARNING FOR A RUNNER LEAVING THE BASE EARLY. SECOND VIOLATION OF THIS WILL BE DECLARED AN OUT.
9. THERE WILL BE NO SLIDING INTO FIRST BASE. ALL RUNNERS MUST SLIDE FEET FIRST. HEAD FIRST SLIDES WILL BE CALLED AS AN OUT.
10. PLAY WILL ONLY BE STOPPED WHEN THE BALL IS RETURNED TO THE PITCHER (NOT THE COACH, THE PLAYER) AND IN CONTROL ON THE MOUND. IF THE BASE RUNNERS ARE IN-BETWEEN BASES THEY WILL BE GIVEN THE NEXT BASE IF THE UMPIRE DETERMINES THE RUNNER TO BE HALF WAY OR CLOSER TO THE NEXT BASE.
11. ON AN OVERTHROW THE RUNNERS ADVANCE ONLY 1 BASE AT THEIR OWN RISK.
12. SPEED-UP RULE – WHEN THE OFFENSIVE TEAM HAS TWO OUTS, IF THE CATCHER FOR THE NEXT INNING IS A BASE RUNNER, THAT PLAYER MUST BE REPLACED BY EITHER THE LAST BATTED OUT OR A PLAYER NOT IN THE LINEUP.
13. YOU WILL HAVE ONE UMPIRE IN THE FIELD.
14. NO PROTEST WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR THIS DIVISION.
15. PITCHING DISTANCE REQUIREMENTS:
A. PLAYER PITCHING DISTANCE MUST BE A MINIMUM OF 40 FEET AND A MAXIMUM OF 46 FEET THE REGULATION LITTLE LEAGUE DISTANCE.
B. COACH PITCHING DISTANCE MUST BE A MINIMUM OF 33 FEET AND A MAXIMUM OF 46 FEET
16. OUTFIELDERS: UNLESS BOTH TEAMS AGREE TO USING 4 OUTFIELDERS, ONLY 3 OUTFIELDERS ARE PERMITTED ON THE FIELD. IF ONE COACH DOES NOT AGREE TO 4 OUTFIELDERS, BOTH TEAMS MUST DEFER TO 3 OUTFIELDERS.